Illinois Trappers Association -- Fur Auction 2020
When: Saturday, February 22nd, 2020
Where: Krile Auction Center
101 Walnut St.
Strasburg, Illinois 62465
What: ITA-sponsored fur auction (see Fur Auction Regulations, below, for
Contact: Neal Graves at (309) 989-7616 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more
Doors open at 7:00 AM, auction begins at 9:00 AM
Fur Auction Regulations:
1) All animals must be skinned (no animals in the carcass)
2) All furs received and auctioned in order by lot number
3) All fur will be sold in trapper-graded lots. Trappers grade and bundle their own fur to sell how they feel will best serve them. The ITA has provided a simple guideline to help trappers with the grading and grouping of their furs (see below for Marketing Tips, provided by Missouri Trappers Assoc.).
4) If a Seller “No Sales” all fur, he must pay a No-Sale fee of $5.00
5) Seller must accompany and handle her/his fur through the entire process. The seller is responsible to verify the count and is also to make sure the paperwork accompanies the fur during the sale.
6) If a seller represents another individual, they must have written verification in order to receive a check in behalf of that individual (if a person must leave the sale before his or her lot is reached, he/she may designate in writing someone to represent him/her).
7) No buyer may remove purchased fur from the building until sellers have been paid by that buyer (green fur may still have to be removed heated buildings due to prevent spoilage of green hides). This will be determined at the time of sale. All buyers must settle all accounts and have paid for all fur before leaving the premises.
8) All buying and selling of merchandise other than fur is prohibited on the grounds. All fur that is consigned via the ITA will be offered and sold by the ITA. No side trading or sales or parking lot deals will be allowed. If this happens, both parties will be asked to leave and not return.
9) All furs must be registered on a recreational hunting or trapping license.